Sunday, August 28, 2011

IHOP Pumpkin Pancakes

Every fall I wait for one thing. Not the fall foliage or the feeling of a day that the temperature is below 90 degrees (this is Florida). I wait for IHOP's Pumpkin Pancakes. I love them. My mom found this recipe and mailed it to me and I have to share it with you. Although it isn't exact (I think when someone else makes something for you it always tastes better) it is VERY similar to IHOP's Pumpkin Pancakes. So....while waiting for November...these will just have to do!


Pumpkin Pancakes

2 eggs
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
4 T butter melted
3 T canned pumpkin
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice

Mix together the wet ingredients. Mix together dry ingredients. Combine right before you are ready to cook. Stir well until combined.





6 comments:

  1. I use almost the same recipe. Minus the eggs. I use 1 T applesauce for each egg. Son has egg allergy.....good post! T U ...Virginia....http://ourfamilymemories1996.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to go to a maple farm in the woods of New Hampshire--in the spring for maple syrup and in the fall for their pumpkin pancakes. Thank you for reminding me of a wonderful seasonal tradition! I'll be making some of these soon, thanks to you, Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO going to have to make these. We love everything pumpkin. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never made pumpkin pancakes, but these sound delicious. I think I may try them this autumn. My son loves all carbs, and I'm always seeking ways to boost their nutritional factor. Pumpkin would certainly do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love autumn! All the pumpkin recipes make me such a happy girl :)

    Thank you for sharing!

    Stopping by from Tues at the Table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am currently making these now, and I definitely see where mixing the night before would save time. However that being said they are delicious. I adjusted the spices a bit according to what I had here at the time, using cloves, cinn, nutmeg and ginger instead. Other than that the only thing I would change is on a personal taste and that would be to add more pumpkin simply because I love the flavor. This is definitely becoming a keeper recipe and one that I will often fall back on, even using different fruits or additions such as pecans or walnuts with the pumpkin. Wonderful recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your encouraging words!