Sunday, August 28, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars



I've been working on this recipe for awhile trying to perfect it. When the neighbor girl came by asking if I had made those awesome peanut butter cookies I knew I had perfected them! So now I am sharing the recipe with you!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars

For the crust
1 package graham crackers - crushed into crumbs
1/4 cup butter,melted
1 T sugar
1/8 tsp salt

Mix together ingredients. Press into a square 9X9 pan. Place in 350 degree oven for 10 mins or until browned. Remove from oven to cool.

The filling
1 cup chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Chips)
1 cup peanut butter

Place ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds and stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds and stir until smooth. Pour over crust (the crust doesn't have to be cool). Spread until evenly distributed and smooth. Place into freezer.




The topping *optional I've made it without the topping
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1 T honey

Place ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Mix until smooth. Spread over the top of bars.



I like to keep them in the freezer. You can cut into pieces and keep them in the freezer until ready to serve.

This is linked to Melt in your Mouth Monday,Tempt My Tummy,Tuesdays at the Table,Good Cheap Eats,Ultimate Recipe Swap, Foodie Friday, Sweets for Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your encouraging words!