Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Make-Ahead Smoothies

Make-Ahead Smoothie

~ Great way to have a healthy breakfast without much effort!
  1. Make a big batch of your favorite smoothie.
  2. Pour 1 serving into a 1-quart Ziploc bag.
  3. Place flat into the freezer and freeze.
  4. Take out 1 serving (or how every many you need) before bedtime.
  5. In the morning, it will be thawed and the perfect consistency. To eat, simply cut off the corner of the Ziploc bag and put into a cup!
Click here for some dairy-free smoothie recipes and here for some smoothie recipes with dairy!

Photos by Gene at Living So Abundantly.


Make your smoothie. I make double or triple the
recipe so I can freeze some ahead.

Pour into Ziploc bags. Lay flat and place into freezer.

Place in fridge to thaw for breakfast in the morning
or a snack in the afternoon!

Photography by Living So Abudantly.






11 comments:

  1. When you shared this tip with me, you probably never realized how helpful it would be. I love that I don't have to blend every morning. I only have to wash my blender one time(as oppopsed to a mess of times!). You are so practical! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Georgia, thanks for the visit. I made my two little ones strawberry and banana smoothie the other day, it's a nice refreshment to have on summer days.

    About your question. My husband has retired last year, we just came back from Korea. Are you enlisted like your husband?

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea. It might be nice to pre package the fruit too so it's ready to blend. But this way you don't have to clean the blender as often, I like the sound of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do smoothies daily and I've always wondered how they'd freeze!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. I have been known to freeze mine in canning jars, but this looks like it would thaw so much quicker. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, I've been wanting to do this for awhile as no one wants to hear a blender fire up at 6am, you know?? :) But then I checked out the dairy free link you gave and I'm so in for the weekend to make these!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought of laying the freezer bags flat on a pan to freeze, but that way your food will freeze flat and not formed around whatever it is placed on top of, lol!

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a GREAT tip! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea, a frozen smoothie that we could take anywhere with us without the worry of spilling it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this idea of making it ahead makes it so much easier and faster when we want them come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, great idea...thanks for sharing! very helpful. visiting from FTF, have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your encouraging words!