Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Basil Plant










  • I love my basil plant!! I have many recipes that call for fresh basil, and I have found over the years that when the recipe says fresh basil they mean fresh basil! I found though, it was pricey (and wasteful) to buy the fresh basil in the produce department at the store. Not only do they charge upwards of $3.99 and I would never use it all before it would go bad! So a couple weeks ago, I spent $1.99 and got a basil plant. I set it on my window-sill and water it everyday, and sure enough, every time I need fresh basil for one of my recipes, it is available!!! So my tip for you today is get yourself a basil plant! It will save you money, and give you the satisfaction of growing something!! Recipes will follow in another post....stay tuned!!!







For more tips head over to Blog Mommas for Tuesdays Tip Ja

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post, Georgia! :) Your basil plant looks amazing. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your encouraging words!