You ask how I can consider my choice to breastfeed as a post for Give Back Thursday. Well, I truly feel that I am giving my baby the best possible start I can by breastfeeding. I know you can read endless blogs and websites about why breast is best but I'm writing this post so my readers can see why I give breast milk to my babies.
- Bonding and attachment. Breastfeeding gives you the most special bond with your newborn. By breastfeeding you and your newborn form firm attachment to his/her mommy.
- Decrease risk of SIDS and severity and length of illness and infection.
- Decrease risk of obesity in childhood and possibly even adulthood.
- Nutritious. No matter what the can says, they can not match what is in breast milk. When scientist have spun down breast milk to analyze it they have never been able to fully replicate it. They have also found that the components of your breast milk change day by day, made specifically for your baby that day.
- Comforting. Nothing comforts a baby like being at mommas breast. Babies desire to suck is very strong and it sooths and comforts them. Don't let anyone tell you that you are spoiling your baby by putting them to the breast to often. That is where they belong and what comforts them the most.