Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Number Shapes and Colors OH MY!

Here are the list of ideas I have come up with so far for my homemade learning toy I made for Savannah.

  • Have your child sort them by color into a muffin tin or egg crate
  • Have your child sort them by shape.
  • Have your child sort them by number (all the one's, two's ect.)
  • Have your child stack them in numerical order
  • For an older child, have them line up each set in order. If this it to hard, you line up one set and have them "copy" with each additional set.


The thing I noticed my Savannah doing was as she played with them she asked while picking up the shape "Mommy, what number is this?" I would tell her and she would place that shape down and ask me "What number is this?" for the next number. When her daddy played with her, he got tired of answering her and started saying back "You tell me what number that is". She looked at it and got the number right every time. That in itself was worth the 15 minutes it took for me to make this learning toy.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! So much more interesting than using rectangular cards. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your encouraging words!