Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Give Back Thursday #1 -- Police Officer giving back

My husband is the epitomy of what it means to be an American and to give back. He served in the United States Navy for 5 years, used his G.I. Bill money to go to college, and is now protecting and serving his community as a police officer. This year has been a trying year for his department. They lost 3 officers this year in the line of duty. They gave the ultimate 4th of July sacrifice by keeping their community safe and free from crime. This 4th of July I would like to thank my husband for going out every night and for coming home every morning to be with us. I took this picture this morning when he got home from work.
This post is also linked to Spiritual Sundays.


1 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.
Philippians 2:1-4 NIV





5 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by my blog! thanks to your husband for serving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's important that our husband's understand we esteem what they do. This is just one more truth that has brought me great joy!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give your husband my thanks and admiration. You are blessed.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your encouraging words!