Monday, July 25, 2011

Bedtime

I am writing this post while struggling with our bedtime issues. Every night it is a struggle for my two-year-old Savannah to go to sleep. She cries, she bargains, she tries to be cute but she WON'T STAY IN BED. I tell her quiet sternly that if she doesn't stay in bed I will close the door. She tests me, and I of course close the door. Then ensues the screaming and crying at the door begging for it to be opened just for her to test me again by getting up. This continues for a good hour before she FINALLY falls asleep. So in my "Tiny Talk Tuesday" I will share some of the stuff she says when trying to get out of going to sleep. (Some are pretty funny, but I have to keep a straight face:0)

"Mommy, kitty poopy on floor, I am scared"
"Savannah, the kitty is with mommy, go to bed"

"Mommy, I need my baby stroller where is my baby doll"
"Savannah go to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Mommy, hold you, hold you hold you"
"Savannah, it is time for bed"

"Mommy daddy throw up? Daddy throw up?"
"No, Daddy is fine go to bed"

"Daddy, I need more kisses"
(This one is pretty sweet...but after the 4th time of more kisses you start catching on)

"Baby Brother crying mommy, baby brother crying"
"Yes, I know...thank you now GO TO BED"

Perhaps I will end this here with a sweet picture of my sweet girl because right this second...she isn't being so sweet :0)

Savannah helping in the kitchen, being a good girl.



2 comments:

  1. OH, that is my Tricia - #2...EVERY NIGHT! I wish I had a solution, but I don't...she is a cutie, as is mine :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your encouraging words!