- Fresh Eggs
- Fun for the kids
- I love chickens and have always wanted them (ok perhaps this should be #1?)
- Education for children (and adults....do you know how many adults think you must have a rooster to get eggs??? Bet you thought that too!)
- Sustainability....that's the "in" thing right now sustainable living!!
- Pest control .... good bye terminix hello chickens!
- Got scraps? Chickens will eat almost all your leftovers...just throw the table scraps into the coop and they will gobble them up!!
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle!!!! My chicken coop and pretty much everyone I have talked to have made their coops with all recycled material they found on the curb!
- Fertilizer.....chicken poop is the best fertilizer (note: I did not say the best smelling fertilizer)
- They really arn't expensive to keep click here to see how much I've spent on my chickens.
Last but not least, I would like to thank my good friend "Gene" from Living So Abundantly for giving my blog a good spring cleaning and encouraging me to write about my chicks!!!!!!!