- For those of us who are busy or working moms, nothing is more tempting after a long day at work or with the kids than going out to dinner. A freezer meal is a quick option with out much effort.
- When ground beef or chicken is on sale, stock up and make some freezer meals using the meat.
- Long night up with the baby or a sick child? Frozen homemade waffles work everytime for the rest of the family when mom is to tired to make breakfast. Also works well if you have unexpected company and no time for a nice breakfast.
- Pantry week. Let's face it. We've all had weeks where the money for groceries just isn't there. Having a few freezer meals made ahead can help in a pinch like this.
- Ever sit on the couch with your husband and wish you had dessert but don't feel like cooking right then? Don't head out the door, head to the freezer for some frozen made ahead desserts. My fav? Frozen cookie dough. Bakes up in no time for some no fuss homemade cookies!
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Ok, so I know these freezer friendly blog posts are a dime a dozen. I have read at least a dozen or so of them myself. Why am I writing this?? Just as a reminder to myself and you why freezer meals save you money! Most of us think of freezer meals as a time saver. While that is true, it can also be a big money saver.