Thursday, June 30, 2011

Backyard Chicken Eggs

I am sure there was a time that it wasn't considered desirable to collect your own chicken eggs from your backyard. I am sure when people were able to go to the local store and by eggs they were happy about it!!! I think things have come full circle and we are getting back to basics. We realize it is good to know where you food comes from. I know where these eggs came from, they came from my friends backyard. My chickens are not laying yet, but a lady I met at a chicken swap (you heard me right) has an abundance of eggs. She gave me a dozen multi-colored backyard chicken eggs. They are from organic free-range chickens and tasted amazing! I can't wait until my chickens start laying so this city slicker doesn't have to rely on the supermarket for her eggs!





Has anyone given you anything amazing? Have you done some nice for someone else? Share that with all of us at Give Back Thursday, starting July 7th!!





5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's something new to me. Different colored eggs, looks gorgeous.

    Re: Taking Pictures. Hubby doesn't mind, he even stops for me when he is driving just so I can take good shots lol. He love photography too so he undersatand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have received colorful eggs like this and they Are the Best. It's a very good idea to know where your food comes from.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. The Cliffrose is almost honeysuckle sweet. Someday smell-a-vision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These eggs more than likely are tastier than 'store-bought'...but not only that...they are beautiful!! They look like they could be put on a display with their amazing colors!!

    Thanks for stopping by!!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful eggs you have! =D I am so excited for you and your chicken adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog so that I could visit here. So fun! I have thought chickens would be so fun to have, and these beautiful colored eggs that go with them. We do have some wild turkeys here, I found several nests last year, you could make an entire omelette with their eggs! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your encouraging words!