Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mom's Apple Crisp (Dairy Freee)

This recipe is 3-4 generations old..my mom would ONLY make this version of Apple Crisp, I never knew another recipe exsisted until I learned how to cook!! I have noticed the recipes that come from my Grandmother and Great Grandmother are very simple, basic and CHEAP to make!!! They usually use pantry staples. If you make this when apples are in season, it will not cost much!!


Mom's Apple Crisp

1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup crisco
6 medium granny smith apples
1 t cinnamon
1/2 cup water

Combine sugar and flour, cut in Crisco (I use my kitchen aid) set aside. Peel and cut the granny smith apples. Place in baking dish. Add cinnamon and water to apples, mix. Cover with sugar mixture. Bake for 40-45 min at 350 degrees. Enjoy!!








ClickHere



Click Here

Check out Tasty Traditions!

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I am baking hubby an apple pie today for our anniversary, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mama has mad cookin' skills that she passed on to you! What a great post, Georgia! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your encouraging words!