Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Baking Pasta - Kitchen Tip

I have been trying to make some dinners ahead to refill my freezer supply. One way I do that is by making a double batch of dinner and freezing half. This weekend I made a baked pasta recipe, Baked Mostacolli. I have found after some trial and error this recipe turns out best by under boiling or par-boiling the pasta. Rather than boiling the pasta for 10 minutes as the box calls for, I only boil the pasta for 8 minutes. This allows for the pasta to finish baking in the oven making it perfectly al dente when served out of the oven (rather than being a little mushy because it is over cooked). This is ecspecially helpful if you are freezing this dish!




This post is linked to Tammy's Kitchen Tips.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your encouraging words!