Thursday, September 16, 2010

Frugal Gift giving idea.

Every Christmas my mom would make a big batch of caramel corn. It was always hard not to eat it all and save some for gifts!!! She must have hid some of it because every year people would look forward to getting a bag of my mom's caramel corn. I have carried this tradition on not only because of how good it tastes, but also because it is a frugal gift giving idea. You can make a double batch of this recipe and have enough for you and those you want to bless with a gift and not spend a lot of money. I usually put the caramel corn in a Ziploc bag and then place it in a festive tin (or you could decorate the Ziploc bag). Every year my little brother-in-laws eat theirs before even leaving the house!! Enjoy!!!






3 comments:

  1. Georgia, anything you make is delish. I've always appreciated how you experiment on recipes to find the best. Excellent Christmas gift idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled across your sight, by chance....boy what a lucky find!! your tips and ideas are wonderful!! You are a blessing to many...

    I haven't thought of caramel corn for years, I used to make it and give it to my coworkers, I used to get pretty containers from the dollar store.

    Thanks for all your tips and posts, I look forward to reading more :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your encouraging words!