Monday, August 2, 2010

My World - Philadelphia

This is my first time posting to My World Tuesdays, so forgive me if this isn't the best post!!! My husband and I visited Philadelphia PA the summer of 2008. This was our last hoorah before kids!!!! We had a wonderful time! Enjoy the pictures of "My World - Philadelphia"
Me with the Liberty Bell
Wonderful photo of downtown Philadelphia

Independence Hall - where the Declaration of Independence was signed!


Last resting place of Ben Franklin


Overall our trip to Philadelphia was very fun and very historical. So many people have asked us "why would you want to go there?" The answer is to see the many historical sights that helped shape our nation. It was like a hands on Early American history class!! What an awesome way to learn!!! I would recommend this trip to anyone who home schools or likes to take education vacations.

                                  For more of My World Tuesdays click here!!

2 comments:

  1. Philly is one of the cities I really wanted to visit. Thanks for sharing. And welcome to this wonderful meme.

    I posted mine at www.ewok1993.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful photos! thanks for showing us bits of this beautiful city. welcome to My World-Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your encouraging words!