Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Handmade gift for less than $5.00

Let's face it, giving gifts can be expensive. Every year I feel like there is  one more person that I need to give a gift to. I don't want to sound like an ungiving person, I am not. I love to give gifts! However, we live on a budget, a very tight budget that has very little wiggle room for gifts. I have found that by using my love for baking and card making I can make a very nice gift for less than $5.00. I made this gift for my daughters preschool teacher. I packaged 5 homemade chocolate chip cookies and a stack of homemade thank you cards (something teachers tend to use a lot). I placed them in a nice gift bag. The thank you note her teacher gave me summed it all up, "handmade gifts are gifts that come from the heart".




This is linked to Work for me Wednesdays, Tip Junkie, Raising Homemakers, Wednesdays at the Well, Frugal Fridays.

3 comments:

Thanks so much for your encouraging words!