Monday, August 1, 2011

Easy Kitchen Tip

Taco night can sometimes be a messy night. Cheddar cheese and lettuce shreds every where and then when the taco shell breaks mid bite you start wondering why you didn't just make everyone a taco salad! Well, here is one trick that could save taco night. My husband loves putting sour cream on his tacos but found it difficult to get just the right amount of sour cream, in the right place on his taco using a spoon. To solve this dilemma, I now put the sour cream into a Ziploc bag and snip the corner off. I use it like a piping bag to pipe and I "pipe" the sour cream on to the taco! You actually use less sour cream and when you are done you can just throw the Ziploc bag away which makes clean-up a breeze.


I have also used this trick with chocolate. I had a recipe that called for melted chocolate on top of each cookie. I placed the chocolate chips and butter into a Ziploc bag. Placed the bag in the microwave for 30 seconds and the kneaded the chocolate chips until smooth and completely melted. Then I snipped of the corner of the bag and piped the chocolate right on to each cookie. When I was done tossed the Ziploc bag in the trash. No messy spatulas and extra bowls to clean.

This trick works great when
making these AMAZING
Oreo Madness Cookies
made by Living So Abundantly.




This post is linked to Tammy's Kitchen Tips, Works for me Wednesdays and Frugal Fridays.

4 comments:

  1. I fill my deviled eggs using a ziplock bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tip! Great idea. I totally get the wishing I'd made a taco salad...ha ha. That's what I end up doing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way for little people to add their own sour cream too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We make soft & crunchy tacos by spreading refried beans on a tortilla, then wrapping around the crunchy shell before filling. Love the ziplock bag tip. I'm all for easy clean-up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your encouraging words!